Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Office

After a year-long hiatus of watching television and a years-long string of disappointing television, I sat down a couple of weeks ago and watched an episode of The Office. The book I was currently reading was not calling my name, and I had already been to the gym... There was nothing else to do, so I committed to a full half hour. I can't say that it was the first time I had seen the show, but I can say that it was the first time that I watched an episode in its entirety. "Golden Ticket" was so funny and cringe-worthy that my interest was caught.

Throughout the next week I couldn't stop thinking of what I had been missing, so I went and bought the first season on DVD. Well, that was watched in the first night. Of course I had to go and get the second season because there was obviously so much that I had been missing. Chris and I picked that up and watched it over the course of three days. At this point we were coming up on the next episode in the current season ("New Boss"). So we watched season three wrapped around the current season. Over the weekend we finished season three and spent all day Sunday watching season four. I am now in total, unconditional love with this show. Michael's antics, the Jim and Pam love story (better to me than almost any other), the total hatred of poor Toby, Angela and Dwight... and Andy, Kelly's total self-absorption, Ryan's problems and Phyllis (I love Phyllis... she would be my office friend) make me want to work at Dunder Mifflin just so I can see it unfold first hand.

We are coming up on the next episode in Season 5, "Two Weeks." I am so excited and am trying to get completely caught up by that episode (thank you i-Tunes and free shows on NBC's website). I am obsessed. My name is Lauren and I am an Officeholic!

1 comment:

  1. That is one of our favorite shows. K is the one who can't quit laughing because it reminds him of people at work.

    ReplyDelete